NAIFA serves as a “Mission Partner” publicly supporting the national “Choose to Save” program, a public education and outreach program dedicated to raising awareness about the need to plan and save for long-term personal financial security.
“At the heart of NAIFA’s code of ethics is a commitment ‘to help clients protect their assets and establish financial security, independence and economic freedom for themselves and those they care about,’” said NAIFA President John F. Nichols, MSM, CLU. “It makes sense for NAIFA members to engage in this important consumer campaign that promotes savings and financial literacy.”
As a partner, NAIFA joins forces with other organizations that share concerns about the state of financial planning and savings in American households. Whether it’s saving for a child’s college education, for unexpected occurrences or for retirement, “Choose to Save” wants consumers to know that it’s never too late to take charge of their financial future.
Choose to Save® was developed by the Employee Benefit Research Institute (EBRI) and its American Savings Education Council (ASEC) program. As part of its mission, Choose to Save® develops multimedia materials to help individuals plan and save for their financial future, including:
- Public service announcements (PSAs).
- ChoosetoSave.org– a Web site devoted to financial education. It includes free savings tools such as:
- Ballpark E$timate® retirement planning worksheet and interactive tool
- Many online calculators provided by ASEC partner organizations
- 14 Brochures giving readers valuable information on savings issues
- Savings tips on a wide range of savings topics
- Links to related resources arranged by subject category and alphabetically
- Savingsman™ is an Emmy and Telly Award winning public education program that educates the public to make informed decisions in order to build wealth not debt.