NAIFA is seeking nominations for the 2017 Diversity Champion Award, which recognizes NAIFA members who demonstrate exceptional efforts in promoting inclusion and full participation of diverse people in the insurance and financial-services profession. All nominations must be received on or before August 7, 2017.
All NAIFA members in good standing are eligible to apply for this prestigious award, which will be presented in September on the Main Stage at the NAIFA 2017 Performance + Purpose Conference in Orlando. The award recipient will receive a recognition award and a complimentary one-year NAIFA membership.
To be eligible for the Diversity Champion Award, a nominee must present a unique blend of experience, skills, and accomplishments, as well as be a member of NAIFA in good standing, with at least five years’ experience in the insurance and financial-services industry.
The Award Selection Committee will consider the nominee’s trailblazing efforts in several areas. He or she:
- Creates and promotes diverse and inclusive workplaces.
- Raises awareness and fosters communication in the financial services industry and the community.
- Supports inclusion and encourages diverse individuals to reach their professional goals.
- Fosters awareness and a commitment to diversity and inclusion within the NAIFA membership.
- Provides insurance and financial services in underserved and diverse markets.
A nominee for the Diversity Champion Award may champion diversity in many ways. He or she may:
- Create or support affinity groups, diversity committees or provide leadership in organizations committed to promoting positive action for diversity and inclusion.
- Act as a recruiter, manager or mentor, to promote the inclusion and success of diverse individuals in the profession.
- Be a speaker, an advocate, or a public relations contributor, or raise awareness of the issues of equity, diversity and inclusion in the professional community, the NAIFA community, or the community at large.
- Pursue research or study, and/or develop educational programs on issues related to equity, diversity, and /or inclusion.
- Engage a diverse group of clients in order to offer insurance and financial services to underserved markets.
If you know an individual who is a champion of diversity in our profession, consider nominating him or her for this prestigious award, visit here for the award criteria, and here for the online nomination form.